Friday, March 27, 2015

FOODFIC: Become Your Own Matchmaker - Patti Stanger

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6019920-become-your-own-matchmaker



I know, I know. This might seem like an unlikely pick for this blog. It’s not YA, it’s not fiction, HOWEVER I love Patti Stanger and The Millionaire Matchmaker, so I was going to read her book regardless. Might as well hope to stumble across a good food (fact?) tie-in, right?

As expected, Patti has great advice on everything from timing to hair. And while she doesn’t share any rules for eating on dates or a way to psycho-analyze a guy based on what he eats, Patti does suggest taking “resevations” for men who ask you out during the Dating Detox phases she prescribes. Such Patti-isms as The best restaurants are booked weeks in advance, why not you? are her bread and butter, if you will. ;)

But it was the little insights into Patti’s own life make me like her even more:

First, I found her exercise plan to be eerily similar to mine; Patti watches tearjerkers from her elliptical machine, not unlike my own treadmilling during Survivor.

I also discovered that we share a love for food; like Patti, when the food shows up, I show up. ;) 

So even if I don’t need her advice to find Mr. Right (I already have him), these commonalities lead me to believe I should take her advice on food. Lucky for me, she names one right in this book! Turns out Patti’s go-to indulgence is Teuscher Champagne Truffles...which means I'm heading out right now to find out if they’re my perfect match, too. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment